Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fun in the sun!

We've been spending our last day in Cali running errands and making sure everything is in order for our big trip starting tomorrow. Luckily we got to have some fun yesterday. 

Alex and I love exploring new places and finding the best local coffee (that's why Portland was such a dream land to us). We had been out in Pasadena at Intelligentsia Coffee and mentioned to the barista that we were staying with our folks out near Murrieta. He said he only knew of good coffee in Redlands. So yesterday we decided to check it out.
Augie's is located on 5th street in downtown Redlands, CA and it is delicious! I had an americano using a single origin roast from Ethiopia. It was 12 ounces of double shot perfection. Good find, baby! 
So tonight we fly back to Portland and pick up the uHaul trailer in the morning. Everything is in place...everything but an apartment. Unfortunately, we have a tight budget and little-to-no credit history. You'd think that was a good thing but in America, people want to know you can get yourself into debt - and then get yourself back out. Super crazy. Super backwards from what we feel the Bible has convicted us to do. We don't like the idea of being in debt and so have been really careful not to be. But in the U.S. that means they can't trust us to pay regularly. Which is odd when you look at our references...but whatever...got to comply to live I suppose. 

Because of our situation, we've been stalking Craigslist like mad people! Finally I found something promising the other day. A private renter who is willing to work with our credit situation. Things look like their working out and just in time too! I really was getting frustrated to be honest. I was frustrated that we were answering God's calling to move across the country and He wasn't giving us a place to live! I know I know...sounds like a spoiled little girl who's used to getting her way, right? Exactly! I didn't even have to stretch my faith or test it, or whatever the saying is. I just wanted everything to work out smoothly. That's not trust. That's not faith...that's just...too easy. Our faith is being practiced. We are heading out with or without everything being completely covered. 
Now that's what I call an adventure! 22 hour countdown starts now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment