Wednesday, August 14, 2013

San Diego Fail!

Our adventures would include a 4-hour delay at the San Diego airport the night before we start our long driving tour! I guess the plane is coming from Chicago and ran into some difficulties making it to us here. It took everything in me to not snap at the lady checking us in. Of course I know it's not her fault. There's just some innate thing in humans that tells us to blame the lady at the front desk for everything going wrong, right? I know how that goes, I used to work at a bank. 

So instead of giving in to my boiling emotions, I decided to joke around with her. She ended up giving us a couple of meal vouchers...so that was cool. Now Alex and I are sitting here enjoying our free coffee and bagels. 

What's an adventure without a little...adventure? I've learned in all my years of traveling that nothing goes according to our plans. But, if we let God have our lives...we have peace that He will work it all out for good. Not for easy. For good. It's not easy thinking about getting only 3-4 hours of sleep before driving a trailer across Oregon to a campsite where we'll have to pitch a tent and cook our dinner...I would much rather get a good night's rest before all that! 

Instead, I'll just have to be content taking airport pix with my husband! 


No comments:

Post a Comment